Christopher D. Russo, Esq.
Lakeland Personal Injury, Car Accident, and Medical Malpractice Attorney
Mr. Russo was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2006 and started practicing in the area of personal injury in 2007. Mr. Russo has since spent his legal career in Polk County, Florida and is proud to live and work in this community.
Mr. Russo grew up in Lakeland, Florida, attended Lake Gibson High School, and returned to his hometown to practice law after graduating from the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law prior to establishing a personal injury law firm. Before law school, Mr. Russo obtained a Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, from the University of Central Florida in Orlando and attended the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
A Legal Career Of Helping People
Mr. Russo has spent his entire legal career representing and helping real people. Prior to becoming an attorney, he worked as a certified legal intern with the Virgil Hawkins Civil Clinic which provided pro bono legal services to victims of domestic violence. Thereafter, Mr. Russo served as an assistant Public Defender for the Tenth Judicial Circuit in Bartow, Florida. Serving as an attorney in the Office of the Public Defender, Mr. Russo worked with real people to help them make the right decisions on their cases knowing that those decisions have an impact on their future. This was the pure practice of law without the influence of financial pressure and was an invaluable experience for Mr. Russo as an attorney.
Those are the very same skills that Mr. Russo still employs with regard to personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases in his practice today. Mr. Russo accepts cases across Florida’s Tenth Judicial Circuit including Polk, Highlands, and Hardee Counties.
Lakeland Personal Injury Practice
Prior to establishing a law firm in Lakeland, Mr. Russo was an associate attorney with the Bartow law firm of Moody Law, P.A. practicing in areas of general civil trial practice, automobile accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. Mr. Russo also has handled a number of a probate and guardianship matters, particularly when necessary as a procedural requirement for an injury or death claim.
Mr. Russo is admitted to all Florida courts and to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. In addition, Mr. Russo is a member of the bars of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
An article written by Mr. Russo was published in “Res Integra” by the Lakeland Bar Association in the January/February 2010 edition regarding joint venture liability in tort cases. This publication is made available to all members of the Lakeland Bar Association. Over the years, Mr. Russo has represented plaintiffs in hundreds of personal injury and car accident cases in the greater Central Florida area, including Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Haines City, Polk County, and across the State of Florida.
Mr. Russo is a family man and believes in putting family first. He is married to Alejandra and has a son. Alejandra is a licensed pharmacist and pharmacy executive. Family life is the most important thing to Mr. Russo just like many clients. For many of us, family is the reason that we do what we do and is the most valuable thing we have.
CREDENTIALS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Admitted to the Florida Bar, 2006
• Admitted to the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2007
• Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2018
• Admitted to the United States Supreme Court, 2018
• University of Florida, Levin College of Law, JD, 2006
• University of Central Florida, BS 2003, magna cum laude
• United States Air Force Academy, Cadet, 1999-2001, Dean’s List
• Associate attorney, Moody Law, P.A., 2007-2019
• Office of the Public Defender 10th Judicial Circuit, 2006-2007
• Virgil Hawkins Civil Clinic (Pro Bono)
• Member, American Association for Justice
• Member, Florida Justice Association
• Member, Lakeland Bar Association
• Former Member, Lakeland Rotary Club
• Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
• Member, Lakeland Chamber of Commerce
• Member, Willson American Inn of Court
• Rated by Expertise.com
• Lead Counsel Rated by Thompson Reuters
In The News
• Family of Lakeland Man Sues EMS
• Wrongful Death of Lakeland Man For Failure to Clear Airway
• 2007 PIP/No-Fault Bill That Failed
• State Farm’s Response to 2007 PIP/No-Fault Bill Comments
• September 2019, Russo Law was awarded the City of Lakeland Beautification Award
Lakeland Legal Blog
Mr. Russo is the author of an extensive legal blog covering recent topics in personal injury, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice. If you would like help with your case, contact us today.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Us To Represent You?
Top 10 Questions Answered by a Personal Injury Attorney
Visit Russo Law on Facebook
Visit Russo Law on LinkedIn (login required to view)
Find me on Google Maps